Retrieving command line arguments to restart Emacs?

From: Elena
Subject: Retrieving command line arguments to restart Emacs?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:18:10 -0000

Hello,

is there a way to retrieve Emacs' command line arguments inside Emacs
itself? I'd like to restart Emacs exactly as it was started without
relying on external tweaks.

There are some `command-line-*' variables which list arguments,
however they get consumed during startup. My understanding is the
`command-line' function does that and, since it runs before any user
code, you can't backup the command line in your initialization file.

Thanks.