Tramp launched through gnus-alias

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: Tramp launched through gnus-alias
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:18:53 -0000

Hello,

> I've just installed Ubuntu 10.4 on my laptop, and reinstalled Emacs (=sudo
> aptitude install emacs=) and my Emacs config files (=.emacs=, =.bbdb= and
> =.gnus=). Not much more, right now.
>
> Weirdly enough, I now have a problem when loading my =.emacs= file. Of course,
> I don't have yet all the tools reinstalled (such as =hunspell=, for example)
> and such a situation could be the root of my problem.
>
> Though, to be honest, I've got quite some problems trying to understand the
> cause of my symptom, which is that Emacs stops with the following message:
>
> Process *tramp/ssh sva@c* exited abnormally with code 255

Same problem when replying or forwarding mails.

Using the <Spammotel-ID> Identity [3 times]
Tramp: Opening connection for hTtP using scp...
Tramp: Waiting 60s for local shell to come up...
Tramp: Sending command `ssh hTtP   -q -e none && exit || exit'
Tramp: Waiting for prompts from remote shell
File error: Process died
tramp-error: Process died

but I found the source of that, in my `.gnus':

    ;; set up my identities
    (setq gnus-alias-identity-alist
          `(("Spammotel-ID"
             ""
             "\"Sebastien Vauban\" <sva@spammotel.com>"
             "Organization"
             (
             ("X-Url" . "hTtP://www.spammotel.com")
             )
             "\nSebastien\n"
             "~/.signatures/spammotel")

It occurs when the line `X-Url' is present. Commenting that line makes the
problem disappear...

Though I've found the source of the error, I still don't understand why Tramp
tries to launch a connection, using that address (on purpose, capitalized
weirdly)...

Anybody?

Best regards,
  Seb