Re: Fascinating interview by Richard Stallman at KTH on emacs history an

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Fascinating interview by Richard Stallman at KTH on emacs history and internals
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:19:31 -0000

Rui Maciel <rui.maciel@gmail.com> writes:

> Kenneth Tilton wrote:
>
>> What we do not have is any interesting amount of "free as in speech"
>> software, because no one uses the GPL.
>
> You appear to be either confused or out of touch with reality.  If
> that wasn't enough, your comment becomes a bit more amusing once we
> check your post's user agent.

Free software has little advertising identity.

If you take a sample of cars, take them into parts and then list the
producers of the parts, your statistics will differ significantly from
the diversity of brands you started with.  You'll find that quite a
small number of parts actually contributes to brand identity, and it is
likely that you never even heard of the top scorers.

--
David Kastrup