Re: Do we need a "Stevens" book?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Do we need a "Stevens" book?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:21:37 -0000

> Personally I've been admiring Emacs from afar for quite some time. I'm
> really an Emacs/elisp newbie, but I've got a writing/technical writing
> background. If what I'm saying strikes a chord, maybe I could be a
> receiver/collector of a "best-practices-slash-wooly internals" sorta
> book project. It would be a free/GNU sorta thing of course ... and
> please don't say "I don't think there'd be enough interest in it."

That would be welcome, yes (he said, after (and probably before as well)
years of cleaning up messy code).

Maybe a good way to do that is to try and get experienced Emacsers to do
the effort of recording all/some of the "cleanup" they perform (as
patches).  Then later on, someone can go through those patches and try
and extract principles from them.

        Stefan