Switching to buffer or opening a recent file transparently?

From: Elena
Subject: Switching to buffer or opening a recent file transparently?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:23:28 -0000

Hello,

living in Emacs, I'm constantly editing the same files, mostly my
Emacs initialization files (I have splitted my .emacs). I use Ido to
switch among buffers, but more often that I'd like, I've killed a
buffer and thus I have to resort to `find-file'. I'd like to switch
transparently among both buffers and recent files, instead.

It just occurred to me that I could just bury those buffers instead of
killing them. However, that doesn't seem a tidy thing to do. I'm
curious about your advice about achieving this goal, if you have felt
this need too. Maybe I should start to think in projects?

Thank you for sharing.