Re: Buffers and frames

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Buffers and frames
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:25:29 -0000

> For example, I want to have gnus and only gnus in one frame, my php
> editing buffers (and only...) in another frame, and so on.

Sounds like the frame-parameter `buffer-predicate' should do pretty much
what you want, according to the Elisp manual:

`buffer-predicate'
     The buffer-predicate function for this frame.  The function
     `other-buffer' uses this predicate (from the selected frame) to
     decide which buffers it should consider, if the predicate is not
     `nil'.  It calls the predicate with one argument, a buffer, once
     for each buffer; if the predicate returns a non-`nil' value, it
     considers that buffer.

But, as the above says, it only applies to `other-buffer'.  But I think
this is a misfeature which would deserve to be fixed.  So please try it
out and when it doesn't DTRT (i.e. when a command ignores this parameter
whereas you'd want it to obey it), please report it with M-x
report-emacs-bug.

        Stefan