Re: how to select line?

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: how to select line?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:28:00 -0000

On Sep 9, 12:11 pm, "a.efremov" <a.efre...@javasmith.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How I can select line in emacs. Not to select a region with C-space
> but just one line. Something similar to C-k to delete line.

emacs: select current line with single command
Previously, we've covered Single Command to Delete Whole Line and How
to Copy/Cut Current Line. But what if you want to select the current
line with a single command? Very short, like this:

(transient-mark-mode 1)

(defun select-current-line ()
  "Select the current line"
  (interactive)
  (end-of-line) ; move to end of line
  (set-mark (line-beginning-position)))

This is added to Emacs Lisp Examples, check it out for other useful
exmaples.

http://xahlee.blogspot.com/2010/09/emacs-select-current-line-with-single.html

 Xah