Re: What's the differences b/t M-x eshell and M-x shell.

From: despen
Subject: Re: What's the differences b/t M-x eshell and M-x shell.
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:31:25 -0000

Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:

> despen@verizon.net writes:
>
>> Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:

>>> Of course. And work together to solve them. Did anyone say any
>>> different?

>>> In defence of Xah Lee : Nowhere did he say otherwise.
>>
>> He did suggest that throwing the leader off the project
>> as a solution.
>
> He suggested that that leader causes hold ups in development. You
> clearly disagree. No where did he say that teams cant work successfully.

If you resort to throwing someone off a team,
you are taking the last resort.  You've given up.

Blaming the culture is even more general.
It's like saying the whole team has to go.

I have no opinion about RMS.

>> More important, the THINKS he sees problems with the project and
>> blames the "culture".  That's confrontational, that's not seeking
>> a solution.
>
> He suggested solutions. Whether I agree or not is immaterial. Putting
> words into his mouth and blindly supporting existing culture seems to
> reinforce his points rather than disprove them,

I don't know why you take what I said that way.
Banning someone is giving up.

I am only willing to judge by results.
Years ago, XEmacs was superior to Emacs.
Now it seems to me the Emacs team is firing on all cylinders.
They caught up to and surpassed XEmacs.

I also believe it's the responsibility of new-comers to adapt
to the team as it is.

If Xah has more to contribute than RMS, he could join the team
and show it by example.   If he really believes it's impossible,
let him fork the code and draw his own team.