Re: Partial font locking with Emacs 24

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: Partial font locking with Emacs 24
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:32:43 -0000

Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

>>> You don't need  a mailserver.
>>> Just send your report created by `M-x report-emacs-bug'
>>> the way as you sent this mail, but use the mail address
>>> filled in by `M-x report-emacs-bug', it will be
>>> bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org probably. Then the tracker gets it.
>>
>> If you are on Windows (and perhaps some other platforms; dunno), just use
>> `M-x
>> report-emacs-bug'.  When you've finished writing what you want, hit `C-c C-c'
>> and your ordinary mail client (e.g Outlook) will pop up a new mail message
>> addressed properly. The text you prepared in Emacs is on the clipboard - just
>> paste it into the mail message and click Send.
>>

> I am on Linux. I guess that is why hitting C-c C-c attempts to send the email
> using mail and since I don't have it setup to send emails to any external
> address, the message bounces back after a few days.
>
> I think I 'll just copy paste the contents of the buffer into my mail client
> (thunderbird) and send.
>
> Thanks for the responses Drew and Andreas.

or you could just configure emacs to use your mail server i.e.

(setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
(setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
(setq smtpmail-default-smtp-server "mail.server.somewhere.com")
(require 'smtpmail) ; this must come after the above setq or set the
                    ; via customize

If you need to use authentication to use the mail server, look at
smtpmail-auth-credentials, or better still M-x customize-group <ret>
smtpmail <ret>

It is easy to setuop and lets you easily send messages from within
emacs.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au