Re: Trouble with M-x sunrise command on debian squeeze (solved)

From: José A . Romero L .
Subject: Re: Trouble with M-x sunrise command on debian squeeze (solved)
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:32:59 -0000

On 22 Paź, 13:43, brownh <bro...@historicalMaterialism.info> wrote:
(...)
> But I do have another little problem. I'm toying with setting emacs
> (23) up using frames, in one of which is sunrise-commander. The
> problem is that when I run sunrise-commander in a frame, although it
> is in the sunrise mode, I don't have the sunrise menu bar with the
> options specific to that mode. Do I instead need to run
> sunrise-commander in another emacs session rather than in a frame?

Well, currently Sunrise doesn't have itself a menu. I was planning to
add it as a separate extension, but as I don't use  menu-bar-mode  it
hasn't  got  the priority that probably it deserves. What there is is
only the menus that additional extensions (like sunrise-x-modeline or
sunrise-x-tabs)  provide,  but  nothing  else, I'm afraid. Or is that
what you're asking about? I've just checked on Emacs  23.2  on  Linux
and seems to be working OK -- when evaluating the following snippet:

    (progn (select-frame (make-frame)) (sunrise))

the menus appear correctly in the frame where Sunrise is displayed.

> I've not yet found out how to make the tree view sticky so that
> sunrise-commander always opens that way.

I guess you could try something like this in your .emacs file:

    (add-hook 'sr-start-hook
              '(lambda ()
                 (unless (eq major-mode 'sr-tree-mode)
                   (sr-tree-view))))

though that would give you the tree on the pane where you left the
cursor last time. If you want the tree e.g. always on the left you
can always add a bit more code:

    (add-hook 'sr-start-hook
              '(lambda ()
                 (let ((selected sr-selected-window))
                   (sr-select-window 'left)
                   (unless (eq major-mode 'sr-tree-mode)
                     (sr-tree-view))
                   (sr-select-window selected))))

In any case, the idea is to call sr-tree-view in the sr-start-hook
hook.

Cheers,
--
José A. Romero L.