Desktop-mode between Emacs 22.3 and 23.2

From: Pingouin
Subject: Desktop-mode between Emacs 22.3 and 23.2
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:33:47 -0000

Hello,

I am using Emacs on a 64-bit RedHat Linux box.  Our IT admin just
upgraded, this morning, from Emacs 22.3 to Emacs 23.2.

I am turning on desktop-mode in my .emacs file.  Here is the relevant
code:

(setq desktop-save-mode t)
(add-hook 'desktop-save-hook
              '(lambda ()
                 (desktop-truncate search-ring 3)
                 (desktop-restore-eager 10)
                 (desktop-truncate regexp-search-ring 3)))
(desktop-load-default)
(desktop-read)

That ran fine in 22.3 but in 23.2 when Emacs starts to read the
desktop file, at some point (always the same point) it reads a "*.tex"
file.  At that point I see in the mini buffer "Applying style
hooks ... done", then Emacs freezes, the only way out is by killing
it???

If I remove the "(desktop-read)" line above Emacs starts OK but, of
course, the desktop file is not read?

Any ideas,

GĂ©rald