Re: Scanning keymaps for keybindings

From: Elena
Subject: Re: Scanning keymaps for keybindings
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:35:25 -0000

On Nov 10, 6:56 pm, Stefan Monnier <monn...@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> I think you're going about it in the wrong way.  If you tell us more
> precisely what you're trying to do, we can probably give you some better
> indications of how to do it.

Nevermind.  My understanding now is that the only effective way is
tracking down by hand where the key are bound and write the
appropriate fix on a case by case basis.

However, for the curious, here is the full story.  Being a Viper
+Vimpulse user, I'm used to J and K to go to next and to previous
line.  For the sake of consistency, I'd like to use M-j and M-k
instead of M-p (ido-prev-work-directory) and M-n (ido-next-work-
directory) to go back and forth in IDO's (ido.el) directory history.
Of course, since N-based and P-based bindings for next and previous
items are pervasive in Emacs (for consistency) this meant I had to do
quite a few remappings.  This raised the learning challenge to
somewhat automate the task.