Re: Windows: changing (bitmap) font causes set-face-attribute error

From: Elena
Subject: Re: Windows: changing (bitmap) font causes set-face-attribute error
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:36:47 -0000

Hi Haines,

I don't know that much about fonts.  The font I was having issues with
was a single-size bitmap ".fon" file, Terminus 12 pt to be precise.

I just launched FontForge, opened the ".fon" file, then regenerated it
by menu command File / Generate fonts.  I had to select the Win FNT
output format first. The saved font had a ".fnt" extension, which I
changed to ".fon".

FontForge has a Win FON output format option too, but the generated
font wasn't readable by Windows.

Hope that helps.