Re: Using tramp with sunrise-commander

From: José A . Romero L .
Subject: Re: Using tramp with sunrise-commander
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 14:11:55 -0800 (PST)

On 30 Lis, 19:50, Haines Brown <hai...@HistoricalMaterialism.info>
wrote:
> José A. Romero L. <escherdra...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Could you please give
> > the latest version (4R340) a try and let me know if it works now?
>
> There may be the happy implication here I'm not just a Klutz ;-). I

Not a bit! - I hope I had more users like you. I suspect most people
who use this stuff do find bugs, but they go and fix them themselves,
and then they don't bother to report, leaving the bugs safe and sound
to thrive in the product :-\

> downloaded version $Rev: 340 $, which I suppose is 4R340, but because it
> will take a little time to test, which I can't spare at the moment, I'll
> have to get back to you shortly on the results.

OK

> Meanwhile, another problem. In sunrise-commander.el file it suggests
> that to syncronize panes I should type M-o. For me this does not work
> (it may at one point have worked, but not sure). When I attempt it, in
> the minibuffer I get:
>
>   Wrong type argument: window-live-p, #<window 106>
>
> And displayed in another buffer is:
>
>   Omitting...
>   Omitted 58 lines.
>   set: Wrong type argument: window-live-p, #<window 106> [6 times]
>   set: Wrong type argument: window-live-p, #<window 106>2010-11-06
(...)

Somehow you've managed to kill one of the sunrise windows. You could
do, for instance: C-x 0 C-x 3 g in one of the panes and you'd end up
with two windows that look like sunrise panes, but they are not. Does
pressing \ (backslash) before M-o help?

> Parenthetically:
(...)
> > "We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals."
(...)
> visited it in ca. 1950, there was a family living at the bottom in a
> shack who were so poor their children had to share shoes. The head of
> the household quarried blocks of pink granite by hand (a very
> interesting procedure that I read about in historical accounts as far
> back as Ancient Egypt) for curbing. I don't know that he envisioned
> cathedrals as he worked! Wrong social class for that.
(...)

Funny that. Did you get to know the man?

Cheers,
--
José A. Romero L.
escherdragon at gmail