Re: List of all functions (recursively) called by a function?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: List of all functions (recursively) called by a function?
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 20:36:11 +0900

Elena <egarrulo@gmail.com> writes:
>> > Gasp!  I just run the Edwin editor and it lighting fast (compared to
>> > "emacs -Q -nw").
>>
>> Betcha "ed" is faster...
>
> I was comparing Emacs with an similar editor.  I have also been
> astonished by how fast Edwin shows new buffers (for instance: help
> buffers): they are really instantaneous.

There's been a huge variety of emacs-style editors which were much
faster than GNU emacs, and a huge number of Emacs-style editors written
in "nicer" (and faster) programming languages than elisp; very few
survive in any real sense.

So showing-new-buffer speed is probably not a significant factor people
consider when choosing an editor, as long as it's "good enough."

(and GNU Emacs most definitely is good enough, especially these days...)

-Miles

--
Education, n. That which discloses to the wise and disguises from the foolish
their lack of understanding.