Re: No automatic tabs in Emacs?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: No automatic tabs in Emacs?
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 14:42:12 +0900

Elena <egarrulo@gmail.com> writes:
> Nowadays, every code monkey using an IDE will draw circles
> around you while you fight to develop software by using Emacs.

This seems unlikely.  There are certainly situations where typical IDE
features are useful, but I've not observed any real difference in
productivity between those who use them and those who don't (we've got
both types here).  The difference seems largely on the level of "emacs
vs vi":  people are most productive using tools and processes they're
used to; the actual details are less important.

-Miles

--
Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without
individual responsibility.