Re: How to remove verbosity from the data passing mechanism using alist

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: How to remove verbosity from the data passing mechanism using alist or plist ?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 07:20:06 +0100

PJ Weisberg <pj@irregularexpressions.net> writes:

> On 12/7/10, Fren Zeee <frenzeee@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes it helped, but I cant honestly see the difference between
>> (a . b)  <--- from cons
>> and
>> (a b)    <--- from list
>>
>> both seem to be dotted pair although the dot is implicit in the second.

CL-USER> (COM.INFORMATIMAGO.COMMON-LISP.PICTURE.CONS-TO-ASCII:DRAW-LIST '(a .
b) :title "(a . b)")
+-------------------+
| (a . b)           |
|                   |
| +---+---+   +---+ |
| | * | * |-->| B | |
| +---+---+   +---+ |
|   |               |
|   v               |
| +---+             |
| | A |             |
| +---+             |
+-------------------+

CL-USER> (COM.INFORMATIMAGO.COMMON-LISP.PICTURE.CONS-TO-ASCII:DRAW-LIST '(a b)
:title "(a b)")
+-----------------------+
| (a b)                 |
|   v           v       |