menu bar buffer list

From: MelloBob
Subject: menu bar buffer list
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:36:18 -0000

I've just built/installed emacs 23.2.1 and am having a problem with
the menu-bar buffers menu.

If I build with the gtk toolkit (version 2.22.0 which comes with
Ubunutu 10.10) the file list is not updated properly. Buffers are
missing and clicking on entries brings up the wrong buffer. Looking
though the archives, this appears to be a regression???

However, if I build with the motif or lucid toolkits the menu appears
to be just fine. Of course, I don't like the look of the 2 that work:)

So, is there a way to get the gtk menu to work?