Re: A portable LISP interpreter that includes all the major list-proces

From: fortunatus
Subject: Re: A portable LISP interpreter that includes all the major list-processing functions is described. A complete, annotated listing of the program's code, written in PASCAL, is included.
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:23:13 -0000

On Jul 24, 6:42 pm, Emmy Noether <emmynoeth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have already spent 4 hours scanning/processing to a stage where I
> got a decent OCR which needs hand-verification of pages. I need 4 or 8
> volunteers depending on whether one want to do two pages each or 1
> page each. Its an hour of joyful work each for two pages.

Sheesh, if you just focussed on typing in, you could be done by now
instead of fooling around with OCR and enlisting volunteers for
something that amounts to the same beginner experiment that has been
done 10,000 times: a fundamental Lisp interpreter.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good experiment, but it really needn't
require so much trouble...

For that matter, why not write your own?  Start by replicating
McCarthy's group's initial interpreter...