Folder configurations?

From: Mario Lassnig
Subject: Folder configurations?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:10:35 -0000

Hi there,

I have some fairly demanding folder structures for a project, each
folder with a specific purpose.

What I would like emacs to do is the following:

If I open a file in a directory, check the directory for a file called
".config.el" and if it exists, execute the emacslisp code in there
before loading the file. If there is no ".config.el", go up
recursively in the folder hierarchy until you find a ".config.el" and
execute that one (up to say, maximum, n recursions) before loading the
file.

How would I go about such a thing? I suppose it has something to do
with file opening hooks, local buffer settings etc... but I'm
completely confused :-)

If you have any ideas, I'd be grateful.

Cheers,
Mario