Saving error: Failure in loading charset map KA-PS

From: Mindlube
Subject: Saving error: Failure in loading charset map KA-PS
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:16:31 -0000

Hi all, I have a question about this error message. I am using Emacs
23.1.1 on Windows XP. From time to time, especially when copy-pasting
text from PDFs into Emacs, I get this error. Unfortunately now Emacs
allows me to continue editing the buffer, but won't save. Totally dead
in the water here. I get the error when saving. I don't know which
characters it's complaining about.

- how to display the problem characters?
- how to force emacs to go ahead and save?
- even if I can just slam everything to ASCII and save the buffer, I
will be happy.

Thanks in advance!