Re: x-symbol?

From: Mario S. Mommer
Subject: Re: x-symbol?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:15:31 -0000

Hi,

Eric S Fraga <ucecesf@ucl.ac.uk> writes:
> I believe that CDlatex mode does everything that x-symbol did and much
> more in fact.

That might well be. I didn't know about it, although i did search for
alternatives. Thanks.

> for the sugar, I don't know what to suggest for direct latex/tex code
> but I can recommend you use org-mode for composing your text instead
> and export to latex when required...  org-mode provides the display
> sugar you wish (and much more).

Do you have any pointers? In particular regarding the display sugar. Can
you preview the formulas to some extent?

I have been somewhat reluctant to try to write an article in org mode,
because it seems to me that the setups end up being very hairy and
brittle. I have not tried it, though.

Regards, and thanks,

         Mario