Re: emacs in a terminal : problems with control

From: Javier
Subject: Re: emacs in a terminal : problems with control
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:16:00 -0000

I use mainly emacs in the linux console.  I can use gnu/screen for
holding the session in a remote computer, while I switch off the
computer at home.

In order to pass some key combinations I have to use an extended
version of /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/us.kmap.gz

I think xterm lets pass most of the control sequences (better than
gnome-terminal).  If some key combination is not passed you will have
to modify ~/.Xmodmap

What it would be good is that the linux distributions would provide
extended versions of *.kmap.gz .Xmodmap files for passing more key
combinations.