GNUS newsreader problem

From: francogrex
Subject: GNUS newsreader problem
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:21:33 -0000

Hello I am using GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) and try to use
GNUS to connect to the usenet newsserver eternal-september. In my .emacs
I have set this: (setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.eternal-
september.org")) and I even set an authinfo file to supply my login and
password. When I M-x GNUS it opens ok and recognizes the authinfo file
and I see on the servers buffer '^' that I am actually connect to the
newsserver: there is {open} (agent) (that I also tried to disable that
agent). But I have no newsgroups? I try A-k, A-z nothing shows on the
groups buffer? Can anyone give a hint why i can't get the newsgroups?