Doc-view fonts

From: Haines Brown
Subject: Doc-view fonts
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:36:41 -0000

I upgraded to squeeze and thus emacs 23.2. Emacs 23 aquired the Doc-view
mode for viewing PDF files.

This works, but the fonts used to display the PDF are ugly. More
accurately, while the cover page of a PDF article is very clear, all the
following content pages are almost illegible). Furthermore, I cannot
select text from the body to paste it elsewhere.

I do not have either of these problems when viewing the article with
xpdf.

Emacs is not using xpdf? Do I need to install specific fonts?

Haines Brown