Re: grep and sort

From: Antony
Subject: Re: grep and sort
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:25:04 -0000

On 8/15/2010 7:29 AM, Antony wrote:
Hi

I'd like to find and sort all lines that contain 'TODO:'
Sorting needs to be based on content and ignore filename

rgrep works except for the sorting part
The results should be in a grep like buffer so I can click on them

If I can get some basic elisp code for this, that would be nice.
I don't know how to modify the regrep command.

Let me try rephrasing

I'd like something like

(defun aas-show-todo ()
  (interactive)
  (grep  "-nH -r -i -e 'TODO: ' ~/git/src | sort -t : -k 2"))

then do
M-x aas-show-todo

and have it show me matching lines sorted appropriately in a grep buffer such that clicking on them takes me to the appropriate file/linenumber

The above code does not work, but hopefully makes my intention more clear

I looked at
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/lisp/progmodes/grep.el
Couldn't find anything to help.

-Antony