emacs starter kit problem in emacs 23.1 or 23.2

From: Jen-Cheng(Tommy) Huang
Subject: emacs starter kit problem in emacs 23.1 or 23.2
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:29:11 -0000

Hi,

I found that the starter kit has some problem with emacs 23+. It works
fine in emacs 22.
I am using Ubuntu 9.04 and the kernel version is 2.6.28.7.
Here is the starter kit.
http://github.com/technomancy/emacs-starter-kit
The problem is that the file content is not rendered correctly on
screen.
I usually open C files and some syntax is obviously wrong!! And I can
see broken words all over the file.
After I moved the cursor to the wrong words or paragraph, then it
started to refresh and showed the things which should be there. It was
weird enough and I am pretty sure there must be something wrong with
the starter kit. The file rendered correctly after I stopped using the
starter kit.
Does anyone have the similar issue? Any hint?
Thanks.