Re: Massive uptick in traffic?

From: Jonathan Groll
Subject: Re: Massive uptick in traffic?
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 10:08:18 +0200

On Thu, 9 Dec 2010 15:06:28 -0500, Andrew Suttles <andrew.suttles@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 9:35 AM, Tim Visher <tim.visher@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > Since yesterday at about noon I've noticed a _massive_ uptick in
> > traffic on the mailing list.  It all appears legitimate but it's
> > strange nonetheless as I've been subscribed for years now and I'm used
> > to getting anywhere between 10 and 20 mail messages a day.  Right now
> > I seem to be getting anywhere between 10 and 20 messages every 5
> > minutes.
> >
> > Has anyone else noticed this?
>

> YES!

Yes.

There is another thread entitled "flood" of mails (which may be lost
in the mass of messages).

Basically, it seems that the usenet<->mail gateway has been broken for
some months now and is only now sending out all the old usenet
messages that never made it to the mail subscribers.

Wish a list administrator would post an explanation to the list
though.

Cheers,
Jonathan
--