Re: diff-mode

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Re: diff-mode
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 18:59:51 +0100

>> The other day I was preparing a talk with a collegue on revision
>> control, and we've also show how to use basic diff and patch.
>> Even if most of the work was done in emacs, we used vim to
>> show the diff file, since it's much more colorful.
>> Anyway after I solved customizing some faces
>> Now it's even too much contrast :D
>> But then I thought, wouldn't it be possible to show the normal syntax
>> highlighting of the given mode and use some background/font style to
>> differentiate what's to add/remove?
>>
>> I think even if it's a diff code would look more clear and
>> nice if it's in the "right" colors...
>
> See also:
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/DiffEnhancements
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/diff%2b.el

Sorry but I don't see that much difference in diff+, the only things
done more is

calls `fit-frame-if-one-window' at end, which by the way I don't find
anywhere in the doc, not even with M-x apropos.

My desire was to see the diff with the syntax highlighting of the
original language, it it could be possible...