Re: Visiting open processes when killing emacs

From: Leo
Subject: Re: Visiting open processes when killing emacs
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 09:45:29 +0000

On 2010-12-15 05:09 +0000, Kevin Rodgers wrote:
> On 11/17/10 11:30 AM, Michael Hoffman wrote:
>> I've started using term-mode in emacs and so I often have several terms
>> processes open when I try to kill emacs. Emacs displays the process-list at
>> this
>> point, but actually visiting the open processes to close them all is a little
>> clunky. I either have to select each buffer individually with C-x b, or use
>> C-x
>> C-b and try to identify all the appropriate buffers from there. That's a
>> little
>> less smooth than I was hoping for either, and is complicated by the update to
>> the buffer list when I close one of the other process buffers.
>>
>> Is there a better way to do this?
>
> The *Process List* buffer created by list-processes should allow you to select
> each process' buffer by clicking (or typing RET if point is within the buffer
> name), just like list-buffers does.  Unfortunately, my Emacs Lisp-fu is weak
> after lack of practice and it does not help that list-processes is implemented
> in C.

I re-implemented list-processes in elisp
(https://github.com/leoliu/emacs-process) because I also find myself
wanting to kill processes in that buffer from time to time.

There is a chance this might eventually replace the C version upstream.
So I'd appreciate any comments and feature requests.

Hitting RET to visit a process buffer would be easy to add. Let me know
if it is still needed.

Cheers,
Leo

--