Re: Minor Mode to make http links clickable?

From: LanX
Subject: Re: Minor Mode to make http links clickable?
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 07:05:25 -0800 (PST)

Hi

> > I was wondering if anybody knows of a minor-mode that would scan the
> > buffer and make http (and possibly other) links clickable/openable?
>
>  From browse-url.el:
>
> ;; To display a URL by shift-clicking on it, put this in your ~/.emacs
> ;; file:
> ;;      (global-set-key [S-mouse-2] 'browse-url-at-mouse)

well works, but is there an easy way to add a behaviour like in org-
mode?

I.e the hyperref is highlighted by a "mouse over" and a simple mouse-1
does the browse-url?

In Org-mode links have a special text-property  "mouse-face:
highlight" and I think this is achieved by the syntax highlighter.

So the more detailed question is:

  Can a minor mode expand the fontifying procedures of a major mode?

cheers
  Rolf