Re: TROLL is a HATE terminology

From: Fren Zeee
Subject: Re: TROLL is a HATE terminology
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 13:08:30 -0800

If the definition of troll is what wiki gives that it applies not on
me but on those who have written replies that never pertained to the
original "subject" of the thread. "no obligation" is not an argument,
because in any communication if there is a partial reply it should be
finished by "i am ending communication" or "i will continue
communication" otherwise the other person is left hanging.

Even a simple communication protocol like TCP/IP requires these
elements. Thien-Thi gave a partial reply and then no reply. he could
say this is all i can do, so some others could continue. These are
just basic manners. while the professor Turnbull came and use the verb
trolling which did not contribute to the subject of the thread also.

There are two more people who have indicated that the term troll is
used from the context on hating or is no argument. I use apropos and
existing facilites of help a lot and have my own special shortcuts for
them as well as the elisp manual.

Maybe, you could have replied to the other technical thread (subject:
... verbosity ...) also than writing this long essay on this one.