Re: landscape postscript printing

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: landscape postscript printing
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 11:26:13 +0100

Am 18.12.2010 um 06:07 schrieb David Penton:

Am I setting the wrong customization option or something? Duh.

Are you saving it? For testing the changed customisation you can press the "Set for Current Session" button. Without doing so nothing is changed. To use the changed settings in a future session you'll need to press the "Save for Future Sessions" button. This command will command will write some Emacs Lisp code into the "custom-set- variables" section of your user-init-file (a variable, so you can retrieve its actual value). They could be:

 '(ps-n-up-printing 1)
 '(ps-number-of-columns 3)
 '(ps-paper-type (quote a4))

etc. For tests you can substitute the ps-print-* commands with ps- spool-* commands. They produce *PostScript* buffers in GNU Emacs. You can save them on disk as files to view them in some PostScript viewer (Preview converts PS first to PDF internally), without having to kill a wood or two for printouts on paper.

For me, on Mac OS X 10.5.8, Leopard, it works with

GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (mac-apple-darwin, Carbon Version 1.6.0) of 2009-11-30 on ...

BTW, if you are customising GNU Emacs in more than one *Customize <whatever>* buffers at the same time, you have to save the customisation from each of these buffers.

--
Greetings

  Pete

They're putting dimes in the hole in my head to see the change in me.