Re: org-mode HTML+mathjax export problem

From: stefasab
Subject: Re: org-mode HTML+mathjax export problem
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 03:04:02 +0100

In data Thursday 2010-12-23 17:43:19 -0800, suvayu ali ha scritto:
> On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Stefano Sabatini <stefasab@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > So I downloaded latest org-mode+git and installed on
> > ~/share/emacs/site-list/org-mode.
> >
> > Now I have this line on my init.el:
> > (load-file "~/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-install.el")
>
> Your install procedure seems rather odd to me. Did you follow
> these[fn:1] instructions? Also it is usually preferred _not_ to install
> in any special path, instead use org from the org-mode git repository
> itself.
>
> To stay updated you can follow the instructions here[fn:2]. Everything
> else should work just out of the box.

I want to avoid to break my working environment whenever I update (I
prefer to keep in separate dir every install, test and switch to a new
setup or roll back).

> As an alternative you can also try installing from ELPA[fn:3], but I
> haven't tried that.

I also tried that, which maybe added to the mess (and org-mode from
elpa is outdated anyway).

Anyway I checked again the instructions and still can't get it to
work, also I noticed that when I check for the org functions with
describe-function I get for example:

|org-version is an interactive compiled Lisp function.
|
|(org-version &optional HERE)
|
|Show the org-mode version in the echo area.
|With prefix arg HERE, insert it at point.

that is I don't have a link to the source code, why?

BTW: (org-mode) -> Org-mode version TAG=7.01g
org-mode is latest git of today.
--
Flying is the second greatest feeling you can have.  The greatest feeling?
Landing...  Landing is the greatest feeling you can have.