Re: can a command specify overwrite selection behavior?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: can a command specify overwrite selection behavior?
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 09:18:27 -0500

> Arguing that a different approach would have been or would now be
> better could be a legitimate argument.

I prefer it, but both approaches have their advantages, so I have no
intention to claim that one is better than the other.

> It is not legitimate to argue that this is somehow an implementation
> bug, something unexpected or not understood by those who built it the
> way they did.

Neither did I say it was an implementation bug.  What I said is that it
is a limitation due to the implementation technique, as opposed to
an explicit goal of the design.

        Stefan