Re: ESS/Matlab Path in Cocoa Emacs

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: ESS/Matlab Path in Cocoa Emacs
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 18:24:12 +0100

Am 28.12.2010 um 15:22 schrieb Stefan Monnier:

the .xinitrc file doesn't exist, so you have to create it and know
what to put into it, and then that presumes the display manager
actually uses it (does it?  or does it use ~/.xsession?

Hardlink both!

or does it use neither?
or does it depends on the kind of session you choose at login? ...)

On Linux you have the *trace family of commands to find out exactly what happens, which files and directories are opened... See below!

I think I never came into such a mess! Could work with simple X11. My prayers were obviously answered.

--
Greetings

  Pete

A child of five could understand this!  Fetch me a child of five.