How to customize the face of echo area messages?

From: Antis Lathoi
Subject: How to customize the face of echo area messages?
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 06:07:33 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I'm trying to change the appearance of messages that appear in the
echo area when you perform certain actions in emacs (e.g. saving files
--> "wrote FOOBAR", CTRL-g --> "quit"). By default these messages are
printed exactly the same way as buffer text is. I'd like to change
that (different foreground color), but didn't find anything within the
emacs customize system to do that.
Ideas anyone?

Thanks

Antis