Re: Non-ASCII string must be encoded in advance

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Non-ASCII string must be encoded in advance
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 23:58:16 +0100

Am 03.01.2011 um 21:46 schrieb Maximilian Matthé:

I hope you can help me!

Maybe it helps to launch GNU Emacs from an UTF-8 based environment, i.e., with LC_CTYPE or LANG set to fr_FR.UTF-8 or such. Don't set in GNU Emacs a language environment! You can use in your init file an additional

        (prefer-coding-system   'utf-8)

--
Greetings

  Pete

Email is a wonderful thing for people whose role in life is to be on top of things. But not for me; my role is to be on the bottom of things. What I do takes long hours of studying and uninterruptible concentration.
                                – Donald Knuth