Re: How in .dir-locals.el make association between file extension and Em

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: How in .dir-locals.el make association between file extension and Emacs mode?
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 13:23:43 -0500

> I understand how set 'fill-column' via '.dir-local.el'.
> But how set coding system and make association between file extension
> and Emacs modes?

IIUC you want to have a "directory-local" setting for auto-mode-alist,
i.e. some way to specify that "files with name *.foo under this
directory should use bar-mode".

This sounds like an eminently reasonable request, and I don't think you
can do it with .dir-locals.el currently.  So please M-x report-emacs-bug
and request this new feature.

        Stefan