Stop M-x fill-paragraph from adding newlines

From: Antis Lathoi
Subject: Stop M-x fill-paragraph from adding newlines
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 00:00:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

one of the most annoying things in emacs, the reason of which I really
fail to see, is that fill-paragraph within the last paragraph of a
buffer adds a newline at the end of that buffer!
When I'm working on the last paragraph of a buffer and fill it, then
want to jump at the end of its last sentence, it doesn't go there but
goes to the beginning of a new line (and I have to do an additional
superfluous backspace to go to where I wanted).
Why is that and how can I change that?
Thanks for your help

antis