Re: what is copy-list?

From: rusi
Subject: Re: what is copy-list?
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 21:08:32 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 21, 6:56 pm, Barry Margolin <bar...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> It's not fsharp-mode that requires cl, it's his .emacs that's trying to
> use a cl function to perform some customization of it.

This code is from the inferior-fsharp-mode function in inf-fsharp.el
from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/fsharp-mode/

(assq-delete-all 'compilation-minor-mode (copy-list minor-mode-map-
alist))

When a (require 'cl) is added to the file the problem goes away.

The problem does not usually surface because the require is there in
other (fsharp related) el files which require cl.

If that is not a require problem with the fsharp mode, there is
something very basic I dont understand (Not claiming I know emacs/
elisp very well)