Re: white is #e5e5e5

From: Perry Smith
Subject: Re: white is #e5e5e5
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 15:03:54 -0600

On Jan 24, 2011, at 11:36 AM, Warren Harris wrote:

> On Jan 23, 2011, at 9:53 PM, Warren Harris wrote:
>
>> When I run emacsclient -nw in my Apple Terminal, I get a dark grey
>> background instead of white like I expect. Here's what list-colors-display
>> shows:
>>
>> black                  black
>>                #000000
>>
>> red                    red
>>                #cd0000
>>
>> green                  green
>>                #00cd00
>>
>> yellow                 yellow
>>                #cdcd00
>>
>> blue                   blue
>>                #0000ee
>>
>> magenta                magenta
>>                #cd00cd
>>
>> cyan                   cyan
>>                #00cdcd
>>
>> white                  white
>>                #e5e5e5
>>

>> How can I fix this? Thanks,

> I should add that my Apple Terminal is ssh'd to a Ubuntu 10.04.1 workstation
> when this happens... so the problem may be related to the linux configuration
> interacting with an 8-color terminal.

I wish I could play with it and see what you are talking about and experiment
around some.

What is TERM set to?  You might be able to set it do something more fitting to
get better colors.

Also, the Mac has X11.  You could ssh with -Y over to the Ubuntu box and start
up emacs as an X11 client.

Perry