Re: insert name of current file

From: Deniz Dogan
Subject: Re: insert name of current file
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 23:10:05 +0100

2011/1/25 Gradivus <mondifero@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry I'm a noob.

You're excused!

> I wonder if someone knows how I can insert the current file's name
> (i.e., the name of the file I'm editing) at the cursor, and without the full
> path.

As far as I know, there is no such functionality by default, but put
this in your init file to bind "C-c i f" to it:

(defun insert-buffer-file-name ()
  "Inserts the name of the file for the current buffer."
  (interactive)
  (if buffer-file-name
      (insert (file-name-nondirectory buffer-file-name))
    (message "No file associated with buffer.")))

(global-set-key (kbd "C-c i f") 'insert-buffer-file-name)

Hope that helps,
Deniz Dogan