SOLVED (was Re: auto-complete is really fast in emacs-lisp buffers but s

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: SOLVED (was Re: auto-complete is really fast in emacs-lisp buffers but slow in text-mode buffers)
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 12:20:34 +0000

> Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have been using auto-complete 0.2.0 and it works very well generally
>> but for some reason did not work in org-mode buffers.  I decided to
>> upgrade to the latest stable version of auto-complete, version 1.3.1.
>> This new version works in org-mode buffers so I'm happy in this regard.
>> However, it is very very slow in org-mode and text-mode buffers yet fast
>> in emacs-lisp buffers.
>
> [...]

and further apologies: problem sorted!  The problem is caused by
flyspell-mode.  There is a workaround, imaginatively named
ac-flyspell-workaround!  Invoking this command solves the problem and
auto-complete works like a charm now!

Sorry for the noise but maybe this will help others in the long term.

Thanks for listening,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D)