Re: Automatically commenting changes

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Automatically commenting changes
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 10:55:40 -0500

> I do. But before I commit, or rather in the process of commiting, when
> there is the original file I branched from to consider, plus my changes,
> possibly plus changes from others who have commited since I branched,
> things can get confusing.

The VCS is keeping track of who modified which lines, so the information
is available.  Maybe the problem is that your VCS or Emacs's
presentation of it doesn't show you the info in a clear enough manner.
If you have a concrete case where the info displayed is not clear
enough, maybe we can figure out how to improve it.

        Stefan