bm does not do book-marking

From: Rustom Mody
Subject: bm does not do book-marking
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 09:33:51 +0530

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 2:33 AM, Jo Odland <jo.odland@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I have used your configuration and I don't think the behaviour you
describe is a bug. bm.el will only jump between bookmarks in open
buffers and bm-show-all will only list bookmarks in open buffers. When
a file with bookmarks is opened, the bookmarks are restored.

. jo

It would be nice if this feature were mentioned in the bm page
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/VisibleBookmarks
Would you use a (ordinary, physical) bookmark in a book if you had to open the page to find it?

My original mail