Re: Removing faces when yanking to comint

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Removing faces when yanking to comint
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 15:18:10 -0700

On 1/30/11 2:40 PM, Earl Wagner wrote:
Hi all,

I often copy and yank lines from other buffers into the shell (running
in shell-mode, extended from comint-mode I think). These lines often
have face attributes such as specific colors for comments, strings,
etc. The problem is that they preserve these colors when run as
commands. Then, every time I retrieve and re-run the comint-input
command, it retains its original face.

Is there anyway to strip the face attributes from text yanked in the
shell (comint-mode)?

How about:

(add-hook 'shell-mode-hook
          (lambda () (set (make-local-variable 'yank-excluded-properties) t)))

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA