define keyboard macro in text file

From: MelloBob
Subject: define keyboard macro in text file
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 11:06:13 -0800 (PST)

I auto-create some files, templates really, which I then edit with
emacs. I find that I need to create a macro which I use on the first
pass clean up just about every time I do this. So ...

Is it possible to include some text in the created file which defines
the macro? After using it the one time I'd just delete the line from
the file. If it means copying, pasting, evaluating in the lisp
buffer ... it's probably just as easy to do it from the keyboard ...
yup, the macro is very simple.

Suggestions welcome ... even one that says I'm looking at the problem
all wrong :)