Re: Different faces / background for read-only buffers

From: Le Wang
Subject: Re: Different faces / background for read-only buffers
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 18:17:47 +0800

Have you looked into buffer-face-mood and view-mode-hook?

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Gary <help-gnu-emacs@garydjones.name> wrote:
I was sure I had asked this before, but a quick look at the threads
suggests not.

Is there any way of configuring things such that read-only buffers are
displayed in a different colour scheme? Either by changing the
background or, in the worst case, by using the faces that are used (I'm
particularly interested in buffers using a homegrown mode, but would
prefer a general solution).

I'm using emacs-nox, if it makes any difference.

--
Gary        Please do NOT send me 'courtesy' replies off-list.
GNU Emacs 23.2.1

--
Le