Re: Eval elisp file automatically

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Eval elisp file automatically
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 10:54:08 -0700

On 2/8/11 8:38 AM, Andrea Crotti wrote:
I think I got it, I have to set "eval" as a variable.
I found out by chance using the interactive system to add variables, but
didn't see it documented anywhere.. is that possible?

Under "Specifying File Variables" in the Emacs manual:

   Some "variable names" have special meanings in a local variables
list:

   * `mode' enables the specified major or minor mode.

   * `eval' evaluates the specified Lisp expression (the value returned
     by that expression is ignored).

   * `coding' specifies the coding system for character code conversion
     of this file.  *Note Coding Systems::.

   * `unibyte' says to visit the file in a unibyte buffer, if the value
     is `t'.  *Note Enabling Multibyte::.

These four "variables" are not really variables; setting them in any
other context has no special meaning.

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA